Monday, May 13, 2013

Kindness Boomerang

As my last blog of the semester I wanted to leave the class with a message. Something I have notice growing up in this day and age, people seem to be more individually focused. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying everyone but a vast majority are primarily focused on themselves. Only worried about what matters to them personally. Unwilling to think from another persons perspective and contemplate how something could effect someone else.
 
As early as preschool we are all taught the Golden Rule, "treat others the way you want to be treated." Somewhere along the line most of society forget this rule or chooses not to obeyed by it, which saddens me. I want to have the faith in a complete stranger but I cant. I want to believe that the news I hear and read is honest but I cant. I want to believe that if I needed help or was in danger it wouldn't take someone I know to assist me.
 
I have always been a firm believer in karma. What comes around goes around. Therefore, do good and good will happen to you. As a new father venturing into parenthood I am hopeful this self-centered attitude society has seem to adopted will fade out so my son and his friends can live among each other in peace and harmony unaffected by selfish actions of others.
Can we all just get along? Look out for each other as a whole? For the better of humanity?
 
Please take a few minutes to watch this video and think about the message it carries.
 
 
"Because KINDNESS keeps the world afloat"-Life Vest Inside

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to comment that this is a very thoughtful and relevant blog, Shane. It's so true that so many of us are raised in an individualistic way, or to think about ourselves and our desires and wants above others. I also was taught the Golden Rule and I think that, though maybe our society's self-centered attitude won't "fade out" with time, we can do what we can on a personal level to make sure that we live our lives different. And in the end the way that you lived your own life is what will matter most. :)

    ReplyDelete